Games will have 15 minute running time periods and a 3 minute warm-up in the round robin games. There will be 5 minutes of stopped time in the 3rd period of the all games.
– Half shields ARE required. Full face shields are not required, but strongly recommended.
– No checking allowed. Checking will result in a minor or major penalty.
– No derogatory or homophobic comments (Hello!) This will result in a minor or major penalty, or possible game or tourney ejection.
– TWO line passes ARE allowed.
– No fighting allowed. Fighting may result in ejection from the game and tournament.
– Each team may have a 30 second time out per game.
– Slap shots are allowed.
– Players may play for one team only. (Unless approved by tournament directors.)
– Any subs must play at least 1 round robin game and 1 semi-final game before playing in the championship game.
– Teams may replace a goaltender in the event of injury or sickness.
– Ties are allowed in all games except the SEMI FINAL/ Championship game.
2 points to the winning team at the end of each period
1 point awarded to both teams if the score is tied at the end of the period
0 points awarded to the team with the least points at the end of the period
2 points are awarded to the team that wins the game
If the game ends in a tie, each team is given 1 point
Tie breaking after the Round Robin
a) number of wins
b) head to head
c) Most goals for
d) Least goals against
e) Least penalty minutes
Tie breaking in the SEMI FINALS/championship game
The game will consist of a 5 minute, sudden-death overtime period. If still tied, a shoot-out of 5 players will take place. If the game is still tied, the shoot-out will continue with 5 different players, in a sudden death format, until a winner is determined and the tie is broken.
Abuse of officials
A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player or coach who disputes or challenges the refs ruling during the game or who displays unsportsmanlike conduct. If the person persists, the official will assess a game misconduct.
The Co -Ed division placement will be determined during round robin play.
10 teams will play 3 games be awarded points per period. At the end of the round robin, the top 4 teams will be in the Intermediate Co-ed division semi finals. The next 4 teams (ranked 5-8) will be in the REC semi-finals. teams ranked 9 & 10 play a consolation game for fun.
In the Women’s division
Four teams will play 3 games and be awarded points per period. all teams will be in the semi-finals. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. The winners of the semis will compete in the championship on Monday.